Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Presents, Cousins, Valentines, Discovery Museum and Aquarium

Welcome to February!


February 1
We finally got home, and now I can take pictures of Shailee's birthday presents!
From Grandma Cheri, and Aunt Brynlee: 3 shirts, a princess nightgown, princess gold fish crackers, Disney's Brave and a $10 gift card to Toys R Us!


From mom and dad: 5 puzzles and a Disney Princess Me Reader!


From Desmund and Ila: Ice Cream Maker for Play-Doh!


Sorry it's turned, it changed it on me lol.  This is from Grandma and Grandpa: Play-Doh, Turtle for Play-Doh and Cookies-N-Cream Hershey's Kisses!


From Nana and Papa: Legos and a Princess Box to put them in!


From Bennett, Aurora, and Sam: Jump rope and a Disney Princess stamp kit!


From Vinny, Titus, Tyson and Sarah: A beautiful dress and matching head band!


From Harlie and Monica: Snow White Doll
Funny story about this.  Monica told me that she sent her husband, Jon, to the store to buy Shailee's birthday present.  He came home with this!  He did a great job!  It goes with the Princess Pet's Cat that Monica got her for Christmas, and it so happens that the cat is Snow White's!


Shailee playing with her stamp kit!  She loves it!


February 3
I signed the kids up for music class.  Aiden loved it and so did Shailee!  She remembered some of the songs from when she was in it before, and so did I!  This day, she pulled out a little parachute and put some balls on it and the kids loved it!


Shailee getting into it!


Such a sweet moment!  At the end of music class, she always reads a book.  While reading, Aiden goes up to her and puts his arm around her neck and gives her a hug!  Then he sits down on her lap while she continues to read the book.  She said Aiden doing that totally made her day!


February 4
Shailee's primary teachers dropped off a present for Shailee.  She got this cute kitty, whose name is Sophie and a Princess Sofia card that plays part of the opening song of the show.  Shailee loved this card and still has it!


The inside, it says: 
For a birthday day girl who is turning 4, 
Who's oh-so-easy to adore,
who's even sweeter than before,
you're wished good friends,
big fun, and more!

Happy Birthday, Princess


This was the first time I french braided Shailee's hair!  I've done my own before, but when I tried on Shailee it was hard!  So, I gave it another try, several months later and it turned out really good!  I was really proud of  myself!


The front view.


Februrary 5
Saying bye to my l--o--n--g-- hair!  It's so long and stragely...it is time for a change!



More presents from friends!  We had a little birthday party here in Layton the week after Shailee's birthday!  This is from the Matthews:
2 Ponies, and a bracelet maker kit!


This is from mom and dad:
Paddington, silly putty, Belle doll, Belle pez dispenser and mini M&M's!


February 6
My new hair cut!  I love it!  It looks good and feels good.  Plus, it's still long enough for me to pull it up when I want/need to!


The back view.


We met Jamie, Wade and Claire at the South Towne Expo Center for a Winter Palooza!  It was lots of fun and they were holding hands immediately!  These two get along so well with each other, and really do love each other.  I'm glad we live close enough to some cousins that it's easy to get together and they get to know each other!



They had LOTS of bounce houses that Shailee and Wade loved!  They spent most of their time on them!



Aiden having fun too!



They had a rock wall too.  Shailee surprised me by wanting to do ti!  So we stood in line, and she got all harnessed up.  Then she climbed it with some help from me.  I was so proud of her for wanting to do try something new and not being scared of it!  Way to go Shailee!


They had a bobsled and Shailee went exploring in it!


They had some princesses come for a meet and greet for free!  We were pretty close to the front of the line too, so that way awesome!  Here we are with Tinker Bell!

Shailee was still shy, and you can tell by her body language and her silly smiles!  We love her!


Belle and Shailee


Her favorite!  Rapunzel and Shailee holding Pascal!


Ariel and Shailee holding Flounder!


Shailee didn't want to stand next to them so we just stuck the stroller in front of them and got a picture.  Even Aiden got to be in this picture!

Shailee was so sad to leave that she cried the whole way to the car.

After grabbing a bite to eat (Aiden had one or two bites...not very much at all).  Anyway, he kept grunting and acting like he was trying to poop.  Well, he never did.  I guess he ended up throwing up on Wes when we got home.  I had to run upstairs to the restroom.  So Wes put him in the tub.  As I was watching him and washing him, he sat on his knees.  Usually he's pretty good to stand up when I ask him to.  This time he didn't.  He kept looking at me and shaking his head no.  Then he sat on his bottom and low and behold, he pooped in the tub!


February 7
After church!  She's so pretty and she wanted her picture taken!


The poor mister has been teething so he's pretty miserable!  He's getting like 7 teeth all at once!


It was also Superbowl Sunday!  Kevin and Jamie invited us over to watch it and eat lol.  The kids loved it and were all over the place!  


Dancing during the Half Time Show!  They were doing pretty good!


We brought goody bags from Shailee's Birthday Party!  Wade wasn't able to make it to either party, so brought him his bag and had an extra one for Shailee and let them open it!  They got matching sunglasses and were so proud of them!


Jamie playing with Aiden.


This is the present that Wade, Claire, Jamie and Kevin got Shailee:
Diary Set


February 8
I walked in and Aiden didn't wake up, which he usually does.  It was so cute I couldn't resist taking a picture!


February 10
I just can't talk myself into cutting his hair and that cute curl!


February 11
Another trip to the zoo!  Shailee really wanted to play on the statues!


Shailee was being so sweet to Aiden and holding his hand everywhere!


Love these two kiddos!  I'm one lucky mama to have them and that I get to call them mine!


Aiden even enjoyed climbing on the statues!



The gorilla's were out and up next to the windows!  This was a few minutes before he pounded on the window!

February 12
After school, the kids and I went up to Idaho for a few days.  This day, Shailee wasn't feeling so hot, but we went anyway.  When we finally got to Nana and Papa's house, Shailee headed straight to the bathroom, but didn't quite make it...she had diarrhea! :(  Poor girl!  Later that night, around 12:30AM, Shailee threw up on mommy!  It was really gross and I really wished that Wes was there with me to help me through it, but thank goodness for my parents!  They helped me clean up the messes and take care of a sick girl.  When we crawled back in bed after cleaning up, Shailee told me that her body hurt and was still sick...I felt so bad for her!  But we both finally got back to sleep.

February 13
We went swimming up at Green Canyon with Nana and Papa.  Both the kids had so much fun!  We always try and go swimming there when we can, we love it so much!  Later that night, we went to my friend Sam's daughter's birthday party!  She turned three.  Anyway, on the way home Shailee warned us that she needed to throw up.  I'm really glad that my mom was there to help while I was driving!  She grabbed a blanket and just as she got it up to Shailee's mouth, she threw up!  I'm such a pity puker that I'm surprised that I didn't throw up myself while driving...but I for sure gagged!

February 14
Shailee had a little diarrhea today, but she made it to the toilet with no accidents!


We had a fun little Valentine's Day Photo Shoot at Nana and Papa's!  This is usually the face I get from Aiden when I try to take pictures.  He doesn't always smile. Lol.


My beautiful girl!  She's so good when it comes time for mommy to take pictures of her!




We told them to sit closer to each other.


I told Aiden to give Shailee a hug but I guess I forgot to tell Shailee to smile lol.


Give each other kisses!


Aiden was so tired, that he fell asleep while eating dinner!


Shailee and Aiden playing on the air mattress!  Aiden would put his head on the floor and make silly noises!  We were facetiming Wes, and he snapped this picture!


After Shailee threw up in the car, we brought her car seat in the house to wash the straps.  Aiden just loved having it in the house and playing on it!

February 15
Aiden said "uh-oh!"
Shailee was feeling much better today, just in time to head back home to daddy!


The kids loved playing on Nana's Total Gym!  She would let them sit on the bench and then pull them up so they could "ride" it!


Shailee helping Nana give Aiden a ride!


Another favorite game!  They use the back side of the air matteress and slide down it!  Then they climb back up to the top and slide down again!



February 18
Took the kids to the Discovery Museum after lunch with Wes.  They have a horse that you can sit on there and so they sat on it!  So cute!


Shailee going grocery shopping!  Aiden was probably heading towards the truck.


Aiden found this fun little car and had fun playing on it!


They have a little house and inside one of the rooms, they have a mouse house!  There is a little button you push and it turns the lights on inside the mouse's house!  Aiden found the button and loved it!


Then he found a little piano and climbed up in the chair and played!


Shailee was planting flowers!


There's a little tree there with a ladder that the kids can climb up on!  Shailee loved this thing!


February 19
Shailee wanted to share her yogurt with Aiden!  It was so sweet!


February 20
Wes and I decided to take the kids to the aquarium!  They have some killer whales that the kids can climb on and so we let them play on these for a while.



Aiden is wondering how he can get up there with Shailee.


Penguins!



Inside the submarine.


In the shark tank!  Aiden just wanted down and was tired.


But, we still got a picture of him and Wes!


Playing on the sea turtle!


February 23
It was a pretty nice, spring like day so I took the kids outside to play for a while.  Aiden loves being up on the trampoline with Shailee!


Swinging time!


February 25
Took the kids to the aquarium after lunch with Wes!  The sea turtles are fun!


Aiden fell asleep on the way home!  He's snuggling with his new penguin that I got for him.  Shailee got one too, only hers is pink!

February 26

Wes went to get Shailee up, because he was taking her to his basketball game.  She wanted him to lay by her in bed for a little bit.  Tiger jumped up and made himself comfortable.  Shailee, matter of factly told Wes, "Sometimes, Tiger just whines and poops!" 

February 29
Playing with Aiden tonight.  I was sitting in our rocking chair.  Aiden would come up to me, say "I" (hi) then take off.  Just before he was out of sight around the corner, he would look at me, smile as he said, "Bye" in the sweetest voice.  A few other things he says:
  • bal (ball )
  • baoon (balloon)
  • tiga (tiger)
  • boo
  • i (hi)
  • bye
  • mommy/mama
  • dada
  • nana
  • papa
  • duc (duck) says it like he's pushing something.
Tonight, I also noticed that he knows most of his own face.  I would ask him, "Where's Aiden's head?" and he would point to it, etc. Only part he didn't know was his eyes.

Aiden also loves Mickey Mouse and gets excited when he's on by pointing and exclaiming his excitement!  He even sings a little to the "Hot Dog!" song.

Haha, well that's it for February!  See you next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment