Tuesday, April 19, 2016

1.5 years, 4 years, Frozen on Ice, St. Patty's Day, Zoo/Aquarium, Easter, Jazz Game

March 2016
Wow, I can't believe March is here!


March 2
When I went to get him up, this is how I found him.  So cute...it's rare to be able to go into his room and him not wake up.


This boy is now 18 months old!  I can't believe my little boy is a year and a half now!  Where has the time gone, and can it please slow down?


Shailee made a kite in school!


She couldn't wait to get home and show me, then she couldn't wait for daddy to get home so she could show him!


March 3
After our lunch with Wes, I took the kids to the zoo.  One of the giraffes had a baby during the winter, and it was getting warm enough for the baby to come out.  Her name is Willow.


I decided to bring the wagon this day instead of the usual stroller.  It was a hit and the kids loved it!  Aiden liked putting his finger on the wheel as I pulled.


Shailee wanted a picture with Aiden on the gorilla statue.  


They did lots of climbing and playing on the animal statues.  It was hard to get Aiden to look at the camera.  This was the look he gave me when I repeatedly said his name over and over lol.


We rode the carousel per Shailee's request.  Plus, it was warm enough that it was running again after all winter long.


March 4
We bought tickets to Disney on Ice last year to go this year.  Haha, did that even make sense?  We bought the tickets a year in advance.  There we go, that sounds better.  Anyway, we knew Shailee would love it (and she did!) and Aiden would be, well, Aiden!


The opening act, which is always Mickey and friends coming out and introducing the show.  Aiden was really excited to see "Mimmi" (Mickey or Minnie, he says the same for both)!


Little Kristoff and Sven.


Little Anna and Little Elsa.


Anna singing 'For the First Time' song.


Anna and Hans singing their song, 'Love is an Open Door'.


Queen Elsa and Anna at the party.


Sven and Kristoff.



Kristoff, Anna and Sven heading out to the North Mountain.



Queen Elsa


Elsa singing 'Let it Go'!


Anna, Olaf, Sven, Kristoff.


Olaf singing 'In Summer'.


The trolls, when they were singing to Anna and Kristoff.


Aiden and Wes.
I sure love these boys!


Shailee.


Our beautiful Queen Elsa!



March 5
I took Shailee's 4 year pictures, finally!  My mom told me she looks too grown up in these.  
Shailee, you are a beautiful girl, inside and out!  Mommy and Daddy love you so much!  You made me a mom and I love you even more for that!  Your brother loves you and looks up to you so much!  Good job on being such a good example to him!  You have grown in leaps and bounds this past year and we couldn't be prouder!  




I also took Aiden's 18 month pictures!
Aiden, you are such a joy to have in our lives!  You were a perfect fit and still are!  Your mommy and daddy love you more than words can express!  Thanks for being you and don't ever loose that smile!




I decided to get some of the two of them together too.  I mean, they were already dressed up haha.




March 8
I pulled the colored rice out and let the kids play with it.  It was a hit!  They loved it!  It was messy, but an easy clean up, so I had no problem with them just going at it!  


After Wes got home from work, we headed to IHOP for their free pancakes day!  This was Shailee and I's second time doing this, but first time with the whole family!


I know he looks less than amused here, but he was having a good time.  He just didn't like that I wanted a picture and he wanted to play lol.


YUMMY!  Worth the wait, and free!  Thank you IHOP!



March 9
Shailee decided to get in Aiden's crib with him, and Aiden loved it!  They played in there for a good 20 minutes before Aiden was ready to get out lol.


March 10
After lunch we went to play with cousins!  


Shailee and Wade love each other!  I'm so glad that she has a cousin close to her age, who also lives close!  I grew up with my cousins, so I'm glad that Shailee does too!


Aiden loved being outside, it was a gorgeous day, so we spent it out!


He was so tired that he didn't last 10 minutes in the car.


March 11
I french braided Shailee's hair in two!  This was my first time, and I think I did a pretty good job!  Practice makes perfect, right?


Back view of her hair.


That day we drove to Nana and Papa's!  The kids love playing on the air mattress.  They climb it and then slide down it like a slide!


March 12
We went to my friend Monica's little girl, Harlie's birthday party!  She turned 1 on the 13.  It was Wreck it Ralph themed and was so cute!  She had a decorate your own race car activity.  Twinkies were the body of the race car and then they could use whatever candy they wanted to decorate it.  This is Shailee with her car and a donut pool toy each kid got to bring home.


Shailee's top of the car.


The front of her car.  Wes helped Shailee decorate, and I'd say they both did a fantastic job!  Thanks for the invite Monica, we had a blast!  Happy birthday sweet Harlie!


Aiden riding my dad's rocking horse.  My dad grew up with this rocking horse, and I did too.  Shailee has ridden it as well and now so has Aiden.


I mean, look at that face!  He had so much fun on this, I think it'll be a favorite when we come up!


March 13
The kids had such a fun weekend.  They got to do lots of playing, and staying up late...little to no naps for the mister, and it finally caught up to them and they both zonked out on the ride home...and for most of it too!  It was heavenly!


March 17
I did a little scavenger hunt with shamrocks on St. Patrick's Day!  Shailee love it!  On the front of each shamrock was a clue and then on the back was a piece of a leprechaun that we put together at the very end!  This first clue was just on the floor in front of her door, so when she opened her door she found it.
Clue 1: Help find all my pieces!  I'll give you some of my gold if you!


This one was on the wall by the light switch where she could easily find it.
Clue 2: Trying to rhyme orange is a strange thing, but look for that color under something that rings.


This one was by our phone charging station.
Clue 3: You found me, horray!  Next up is violet.  Go find it near what you wear to go out for the day.


On our bannister where we sometimes drape our jackets on.
Clue 4: You got it!  You know what to do!  Now by the couch look for something blue!


On the wall above our couch.
Clue 5: Yes! You found blue.  Next, to find the color green, turn to the place where you get clean.


On the bathtub.
Clue 6: A leprechaun is a very lucky fellow.  Go find your treasure under a table by the color yellow!


She found her treasure and we got our leprechaun put together!


I made the kids green pancake muffins for breakfast!  Shailee was so excited to have them green!



Aiden enjoying his too! 



After lunch with Wes I took the kids to the discovery museum.  Shailee is hanging out in the bird house!


Aiden just chilling on a chair!


Shailee wanted a picture of her on top of the swan.


Aiden driving the truck!  


Aiden driving the helicopter outside!


Shailee loves to hang from things so this was fun for her!


A little slide at the back of the helicopter, Aiden loved it!




The kids outfit!  No pinching these cuties!


And no pinching me either!  I'm sporting my green too!


March 19
Shailee and I had a mommy/daughter date!  It was much needed!  We started off by having lunch at McDonald's.  Look at that face!  She was so happy!



Then we went to the movie Zootopia!  It was so cute!  Shailee loved it!


Then we went to Toys-R-Us to pick out a toy.  She got a gift card for there for her birthday and we finally had a good reason to use it.  These were by 1 get one half off, so I paid for the extra.  She was so excited about her princess dolls!  She now has a Belle, Snow White, Rapunzel and Ariel doll.


March 20
We went to the zoo as a family!  That's right folks, Wes actually got to come this time!  Shailee really wanted a picture by the tall giraffe statues!


Playing on the grass and taking a little rest.


Riding the carousel.  I forgot our punch pass ticket and told Shailee we couldn't ride it because I didn't bring the ticket.  Wes was so nice and paid for their tickets!  Shailee was so happy and Aiden enjoyed the ride!



March 21
Wes is building me a flower garden.  We are going to put raspberries in the middle and then in each of the whole of the cinder blocks, I plan on planting flowers in it.


March 24
After lunch this day, I took the kids to the aquarium.  We were at the otters waiting for them to feed them.  We got to watch them eat, and the kids really enjoyed that!


Shailee wanted to cross the rope bridge.  I was so proud of her!  I found out that it is hard to do that and hold a 26 pound child at the same time.


He's such a little cheeser!


Playing in the play area.  Lots of things to do to keep them busy and wear them out!


Shailee is at the very top!


Going down the slide together!  This is Aiden's preferred way to go down the slide, and frankly, I'm ok with that lol.


March 25
I went to get Aiden up from his nap and I found him like this.  So cute!  That bear, and the bigger brown bear are two of his must haves to sleep!  He always cuddles them, so it was cute to find him still snuggling him!


Can you tell where Aiden has been playing?  Haha, he was so proud of himself!


March 26
My parents came up for Easter Weekend.  Nana is playing catch with Aiden!


We attempted panckaes cooked in cookie cutters.  It wasn't as easy as we thought, so Wes just made Shailee those, and a Mickey Mouse pancake.  Turned out great!



Getting ready to dye some eggs!


We used a whisk so that Shailee could dunk it in the cup better without the egg falling off.  Brilliant idea!


Our finished eggs!  Good job Shailee and dad!


We went swimming at Crystal Hot Springs that night.  Aiden had awesome hair after swimming!  It wouldn't go down unless I got it wet, and I didn't feel like it, so it stayed that way haha.


March 27
The Easter Bunny came to our house and brought the kids some fun things!  Aiden got a sock money, new church shoes, an outfit (from Nana and Papa) a flashlight and that magnetic drawing board thing.  Shailee got a sock monkey, new church shoes, an outfit (from Nana and Papa) chalk and a kite.


Our cute kids after church on Easter Sunday!  They sure look sharp!


Easter egg hunt in our backyard.  



Even Aiden got the hang of it and found lots of eggs.


There were even a few inside the house!


After my parents left, which is always a sad goodbye for the kids, but Aiden totally feel asleep on the floor.  He was just laying there playing with his car and next thing I know, it's quiet, and he hasn't moved in a while.  I look down and this is what I found.  He slept there for like 20 minutes or so.  When he woke up, he had a hard time waking up and wasn't happy for a while.


March 30
For Christmas, I got Wes tickets to the Golden State Warriors vs. Salt Lake Jazz game in March.  Of course, I got two so that I could go with him.  This was my first Jazz, and NBA game ever.  We were in the nosebleeds, but it was still so much fun!



Love you Wes!  I'm glad you enjoyed your tickets and the game!



March 31
While Wes and I were making dinner, Shailee feel asleep on the couch like this.  She kept telling me all day that she was tired, and well, I guess she was haha.

Well there you have it, March has come and gone and April is almost over too.  But, stay tuned for the update for April coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment