Monday, February 29, 2016

4th of July, 10 Months, Broken Arm, High School Reunion, Bear Lake

Here's July's update


July 1
It was a warm day so we took Wes out to lunch and then went to the zoo.  We go to the zoo a lot in case you haven't noticed haha!  I was hot so I took a selfie and sent it to Wes.


Hogle Zoo usually brings in dinosaurs during the summer.  Shailee was brave enough to go up to this one and touch it!

The selfie Wes sent me back.


July 3
Troy and Suzanne came down from Idaho to Utah the weekend of the 4th.  They stayed at Jamie and Kevin's place, which had a swimming pool.  So of course we all took advantage of it and went swimming!





Shailee and baby Claire!  Shailee loves her cousin Claire and enjoyed playing with her!




We ordered a pizza for dinner.  I wish I could remember the name of this place.  When the girls went to pick it up, it barely fit in the car it was so big!


Wes and Jamie playing with the kids and raising them up in the air with their feet and hands.  The kids loved it!


This little mister is now 10 months old.  He enjoyed climbing up the stairs at Jamie and Kevin's.




Wade and Shailee watching a movie while the boys were watching something else on the tv.



July 4
Aiden enjoying his pinwheel at the 4th of July parade.  We stayed home this year so this was here in Layton.



Shailee and Wes watching the parade!


Shailee's first time doing sparklers.  I think she is a fan of it!



Falling asleep while grandma and grandpa pushed her!


Just kidding...she was only pretending to be asleep.


Looking cool in her sunglasses!



Family pictures on the 4th!


I love these two soo much!


Fireworks later that night.


Aiden was distracted, but at least we got a picture while at the show.


My view for most of the firework show.



July 6
I don't know why this flipped on me.  Just after his morning nap!


This kid knows how to relax while mommy does her shopping.


Shailee taking a bath that night!


This is how I kept him entertained while Shailee took a bath.  I put up his pack and play in the bathroom and then stuck him and some toys in it.  It worked out great!


July 7
This little boy loves anything with wheels on it.  He loves cars!



July 8
Helping mommy fold clothes.  He is so much more adventurous than his sister was at this age.  It's kind of fun!


Shailee says, "Mommy look!  I have a baby Claire just like Jamie has a baby Claire!"


July 10
Wes bought me a bike so that we could go do family bike rides.  We even bought a bike seat for Aiden!


Here is the helmet we acquired from a friend and it fit Aiden perfectly!  We are all set to go on our bike ride!


July 11
Then this happened!  I broke my arm on our family bike ride.  We were going up the hill and we stopped to let a car go.  When we started to get going again, I couldn't quite reach my seat and was tiptoeing...well, between that and the extra weight of Aiden on the back of the bike caused me to tip over.  As I was going down, I put my arm out to catch myself and my arm collapsed under me.  I yelled at Wes, "I think my arm just broke!" I turned over in agony!  I hurt so much!  This happened in front of someone house and they were outside.  They rushed over to help us out.  Another gentleman pulled his car over and came over to help as well.  There are good people in this world!  The gentleman who was in the car called the ambulance.   Luckily Aiden wasn't phased by the whole ordeal.  He cried when we went down, but when Wes picked him up he was all smiles.  Thank goodness we had him in a helmet!  Oh and not a scratch on the bike either!


At the hospital, another view of my arm.  


Here you can see where the bones came through.  I guess they broke through and then went back in.  They came and took an xray of my arm.  OH! MY! GOSH!  I asked if they could sedate me or give me stronger pain meds and they said that they couldn't until after they knew for sure what they were working with.  They had to move my arm...and it hurt like none other.  Bottom line for me is that this broken arm was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life...even worse than the few contractions I felt with Shailee, worse than my knee cap popping out, and worse than my surgery!


Here are the xrays of my arm, some with the plates in them.  I have two plates and 11 screws between both bones in my arm.






July 18
My high school reunion was this day.  10 years people!  I feel so old.  I actually did my make up for the first time since I broke my arm.  It was no easy task as I had to do it left handed.


In my old high school cafeteria.



This was everyone who showed up.  Not too bad!


While eating dinner, I tried to open a can of pop.  I didn't think it would be a problem.  Well, my fingers slipped, my finger got stuck inside and the other two got cut trying to pull my stuck finger out.  My one good hand and I cut it open!  Sheesh...I was having a hard time lol.


While we were at my high school reunion, my parents watched the kids for us.  They took them down to the park and had lots of fun!



July 21
My bandages came off, the stitches came out and I was fitted for a cast.



Here is my cast.  Not at all what I was expecting.  I thought I was going to have a hard cast, up to my elbow, pick a color out and let people sign it!  But instead, they gave me this removable cast.  I loved it!  I could remove it when needed for air, it was washable, if I wanted I could have went swimming in it too!


After my doctor appointment we headed up to Bear Lake for the annual Williams Summer family weekend!  Shailee playing with uncle Ty and cousins in the kiddie pool.



The cousins, Shailee, Wade and Vinny laid down on the pull out bed in one of the apartments and watched a movie while the adults talked and what not.


Some pictures of Aiden for his 10 month photo shoot.  I know it's overdue but with everything happening at the beginning of the month, this was the best time.





July 22
We went down to the beach this day.  It was so cold tho!  The wind was blowing and it was cloudy.  I didn't get in the water...in fact, most of the adults didn't because it was so cold.


That didn't stop the kids from wanting to play in the sand and water tho.  What a trooper Aunt Sarah is!




Daddy helping Shailee pour water in the hole the kids dug.


I guess the water was warmer than the air.



Even Aiden couldn't resist and had to get in too.


We decided to come back to the hotel and go swimming there.  It was a much warmer environment haha.


Aiden driving trucks on Grandpa's tummy!


Playing Heads Up that night with the adults and Vinny while the others slept or watched a movie.


July 24
Family picture day!  My sister-in-law, Jamie, did my hair and makeup for me.


I also had help with Shailee's hair.  Jamie and Grandma did hers.

















The whole family! 
Back: Shailee, Wes, Crystal, Vinny, Tyson, Sarah, Claire, Kevin, Jamie
Front: Aiden, Troy, Titus, Suzanne, Wade


After pictures we went to another beach.  It was a much warmer day and lots of playing in the water and sand.  Aiden and Wade playing together.  So cute!



Aiden playing in the water.


Walking around with Grandma.


Shailee and daddy playing in the water.


This is how I enjoyed the water.  I couldn't go play on the Sea Doo so I was kind of stuck on the beach with the little kids and Suzanne and whoever wasn't out playing in the water.  I had so much help this weekend with the kids and whatnot.  Thanks again everyone for helping out while I couldn't do much.







Aiden feel asleep in Grandma's lap playing with a toy.


The kids all loved playing and riding in the back of Grandpa's truck!


July 29
These dogs had somehow gotten over to our neighborhood, and into our backyard and in the rabbit hutch!


This one was the one inside the rabbit hutch.  We lost a bunny.  R.I.P. Smokey!  We didn't have her for very long, but we still loved her.  We still have Marshmallow tho!


July 31
Just checking out the progress of my healing.  It's coming along.



We had Aunt Jamie make these for the kids and then I had Walgreens put it on a board and now they are hanging in their rooms!



Shailee wanted a picture of her in her new Ariel nightgown!

No comments:

Post a Comment