Thursday, July 17, 2014

First Half of July

Here is what has happened so far in July


This year we went up to Idaho for the 4th of July Weekend.  Wes's brother Tyson had the 4th off for the first time in a long time, so we decided to do a little family reunion while celebrating the 4th.  Here we are at the parade.  Look at the cute face!  Bows in Shailee's hair are all thanks to Wes's cousin's wife Lucy!



Rexburg's parade had not one...


not two...


but three camels in their parade this year!  The third one is a baby.  It was actually kind of cute haha.


A Blue Angel's jet.  It didn't have an engine, and I think I overheard that it was one of the original jets.  It was kind of cool to see it, seeing as we just saw an airshow with jets kind of similar to this.


This was my view of my little girl for most of the parade.  She loves her nana and papa and spent the majority of the time with them, and they were nice enough to stand up with her for it. 



I didn't get pictures, but she did go and sit with Grandma and Grandpa who were behind us.



She also loves her Grandma and Grandpa!


Family picture on the 4th.  Aiden is in there a little bit too.  Haha. 


Me and my best friend!  I sure love him!  We had a wonderful 4th.  After the parade, we went out Wes's parents for the traditional BBQ.  Wes and I made homemade rootbeer and it was a big hit.  Yes, the 4th and the rest of the weekend for lunch and dinner were cheat meals for me haha.  That night, we  started a fire in the backyard, and roasted hot dogs, and of course smores.  We then moved to the front yard/street for some fireworks.  It was so fun!  She sat on Grandma's lap and for the first part hid her eyes from the fireworks, but eventually she thought they were the greatest things and actually laughed everytime one went off.  She now loves fireworks, and asks for them frequently.


The following day, July 5, a few members of the family, ok, everyone except me and Tyson, we for a family 5K run around the neighborhood.  I don't know the times, but Wes and Kevin were the first ones back, followed by Sarah and Jamie.  Wes and Sarah went and got the kids and strollers from the walkers, and shortly after Troy, Suzanne and Sarah's mom came strolling back.  Then we had lunch and some of the kids took naps.  After naps, we went swimming up to Green Canyon!  Love that place.  Came home, had dinner, played some fun Minute-to-win-it Games (should have gotten pictures) and headed to bed.  In between dinner and the games, we gave Shailee and Titus a cousin bath.  I know Titus has had baths with his brother before, but this was Shailee's first time with someone in the bath with her.  She handled it better than we thought. 


We did family pictures while we were up there.  This one was taken on George's phone, but we will have more professional and better looking ones soon, thanks to Jamie.  She is so talented, I only wish I could be as talented as her with the camera!  
Back row: Me, Troy, Sharlene, Jamie
Middle row: Wes, Shailee, Suzanne, Wade, Kevin
Bottom row: Tyson, Vinny, Titus, Sarah

We had a wonderful time!  Shailee did too, and really opened up to everyone.  She always talks about her cousins, (names them all off) and her aunts and uncles (also names them) and of course Grandma and Papa and that they are all coming to Shailee's house.  Thanks for a wonderful 4th and family reunion while we were up there.  We love you all!

That sums us all up and I have officially caught up.  I will try and do better at updating, but once little Aiden is here, it may be even farer and fewer in between posts lol.  Till then, take care, and love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment