Bear Lake
June 15-19 we went up to Bear Lake for a family vacation. Poor little Shailee was not feeling very good, but luckily you can't tell in most of the pictures. It was fun to see everyone, and look forward to next year!
This picture and the one below Jamie took. I had just gotten a new camera, and we were trying it out. Shailee got to be our model. What a good job both of them did.
This was the view from our room. It was so pretty up there. The lake water changed colors everyday, so that was fun to watch.
Shailee sure likes her Uncle Tyson. This was a fun game he played with her, and she thought it was hilarious! He would put this sunscreen tube in his mouth and pop it back out. They did this for like a half hour I swear.
Shailee and her cousin Vinny.
On Father's Day we took some family pictures, and then Jamie took some of just our family. They turned out great, thanks for doing this for us Jamie!
Shailee started saying "boo" in a few pictures, and Jamie caught it. It was so cute!
One day I was finally able to get Shailee to take a well needed nap. She napped for about an hour, but it was better than nothing. I took this picture to show Wes that I couldn't come out of the room to play haha. So sweet!
This is Jamie and Kevin's sweet baby Wade! He is so smiley!
One of the days up there we spent at the lake. This is Jamie, me, Sarah, Vinny and Tyson. In the background you can kind of see a jet ski...we are pretty sure that it is Wes. So he's in the picture too, kind of haha!
Wes and I had just gotten off the jet ski. So fun! I was a chicken last year and didn't go, but this year I decided I would try it out. It was fun. Definitely will go again next year! Maybe I will even be brave enough to drive it lol.
While we were out on the jet ski, Shailee fell asleep in the camping chair like this. They told us that it took her a while to find a comfy position, but she finally found one. I think she slept like this for at least an hour...maybe more. It was so sweet!
She kind of woke up, and Ty was right there and picked her up. Didn't take her long to fall back asleep. Thanks Ty for being one of Shailee's best friends up there.
One of the days Sarah, Ty, Wes and I left the kiddos and snuck off to go horseback riding. Here we are just meeting the horses and getting ready to head off on the trail.
My sexy husband and I.
Up on my horse. My horses name was 'Big Dan'. He was the biggest horse there as well as the oldest. Very gentle, but he liked to try and eat whatever he could get a hold of along the trail. My job, as well as the others and their horses, was to make sure they didn't. Easier said than done lol.
On the trail, Sarah and her horse 'T5' behind me. We were in the back, Wes was in front of me and Ty was taking the lead behind our guide.
Wes and his horse 'Chism'
Group picture at the top of the trail. Tyson's horse was Maverick. In order me, Wes, Sarah and Ty.
Another group picture, at the end of our ride. This just before we all dismounted haha.
Wes and I. We had so much fun. Riding horses just makes me want a horse that much more. One day, we will have horses and do this more often.
Ty and Sarah. Love how their horses have their heads together. Sarah, when we have horses you will have to come down and join us in riding them!
On the way back to the hotel from riding horses, we stopped at a scenic overlook. It was beautiful!
Not far from our hotel was a little park. We took the kids there one day and Shailee instantly saw the swings and wanted to go. She loves to swing, and Vinny joined her.
Then she decided she was done swinging and wanted to go play on the playground. She likes slides, but only if mom and dad help her go down.
My big girl! We caught her in a time she wasn't feeling to yucky. I am glad she was able to enjoy the park and play a little.
My whole world! Love these two so much!
Shailee really likes grandpa too. She pretty much likes the men in her life!
We got the family to watch Shailee again for us while Wes and I went up to the Minnetonka Cave. In this picture is a chipmunk. They knew how close they could get to people before they would have to run away. Cute little things.
The next few pictures are inside the cave. I think they called these the '7 dwarves'. They pointed them out to us as they named them.
This was in the 'treasure room'. This is supposed to be a pile of gold coins.
This is us at the end of the cave.
This is supposedly the bride and groom. The top one is the bride and underneath her is her groom.
This is the organ inside the 'wedding room'. All those little things hanging down from the ceiling are the pipes on the organ.
The green thing is a hand coming up to grab whatever walks by.
These are some porcupine bones they found in the cave years ago when they put the path through it.
They called this 'cave bacon'.
After the cave, we went to Paris, Idaho (not far from the cave) and Wes took this picture of the inside of the Paris Tabernacle. Wes's family had a relative help bring stone over to build the outside of the tabernacle. The inside is supposed to look like the inside of a ship. Inside it is hard to see that, but having a picture of it helps bring that picture.
While up there, the girls made a 4th of July craft. Mine is the blue pot and Suzanne's is next to mine.
This one is Sarah's. I should have taken a picture of the back of hers, because she decorated both sides. But I didn't think of it until we had already left for home.
This one is Jamie's. They all turned out cute. We have some talented and crafty ladies in our family!
We had so much fun, and can't wait to see what next year brings us! Thanks for all your help with watching Shailee everyone! We love you all, and are so happy to be a part of the Williams' clan!
Shailee is so cute!! I like those fam pics. Looks like a fun summer so far.
ReplyDelete