Sunday, June 9, 2013

This Past Week...

So far so good on my goal to write once a week. :) Last Sunday, we took a lunch to the park with Shailee, and we brought along her new balls!  I think she had a lot of fun, she got to play, be outside, and have mom and dad there! Enjoy the pictures from our fun afternoon.


 
This was my view for part of the time.  I was sitting on the corner of the blanket, and she came and sat next to me, and got herself some crackers!  Yum!

Wes playing with one of Shailee's balls.
 
This was to the other side of me.  That handsome looking guy is my best friend and husband!  I am one lucky girl to the two of them in my life!

 
This was my view looking up.  It was just so pretty to have the green trees, blue sky, and the sun shinning down on us!

Shailee and I.
My sweet bug! I love her so much, and can't imagine a day without her around!

 
I couldn't get enough of these two! It was a happy day! And I just love her little dress!  So cute!

Shailee and her new ball!

 
We sat close to a little play groud so that Shailee could go play.  She loves stairs and headed straight to them.  This girl could play on the stairs all day if I would let her. :)

Whew!!
 
She enjoyed the slide with daddy too!

 
She was playing with these balls (they're on sticks) and this little boy just came up and started playing too.  At first, she was didn't know what to think, but it didn't take her long to get back and play with him! It was so cute!


 
After the park, we came home and took a nap.  Most of the time she will hear us coming in, unless she is sleeping hard.  This day, she was sleeping hard! Wes went to get her up, and she didn't move a msucle.  So he came back out, and left her door open so that she might wake up to some noise.  10 minutes later and this is what we walked into!  I think the park wore her out, lol! So needless to say, these picture opportunities don't happen often, so I snapped it!

 
I won't share too many details about this, but our neighbors were yelling (not uncommon) and the cops eventually were called.  That is all I will say about that on here.

 
Later that evening, we went to a free concert they had at the park!  They do this every year here in Layton in the summer.  We thought we would check it out!  They have a lawn area, so we just brought a blanket, toys and treats for Shailee, and sat there.  I think she liked this too!  She was just happy to be there! :)

 
These are only some of the perfromers!  They had those bleachers filled with violin students, of all ages!  There were some little kids, like 4 or 5 years old up there playing.  I was very impressed!  They were amazing!

 
She found her toy basket the other day, and decided to climb in it, sit in it, and play in it!  It was pretty cute!


 
After dinner one day, (I actually had it ready and we were done eating by 7!, that never happens, but I really like it!  So I am going to try my best to keep it up.  I really like the schedule I have put myself on!) we went outside in the back yard and enjoyed the warm weather, but nicely shaded so it felt good!  Shailee of course played on the stairs, and her balls.  She had lots of fun!


 
Shailee and I went on a walk one day.  We are trying to change her schedule to one nap a day instead of two.  We had decided to do this because she was throwing fits during bathtime, and worse when it came to bedtime!  We didn't really know what to do, but thought maybe we would try one nap a day and see if that works.  So I had a few more hours during the day before her nap to kill, and decided to go on a walk.
 
There is walk way not too far from where we live, so Shailee and I got in the car and drove there.  We went to the mile marker, turned around, and headed back, making for a total of 2 miles!  I was pround of myself and Shailee enjoyed herself too!  We are pretty sure we saw a fox there too, but could never get close enough to get a good look.

 
On the way back, I saw this little guy crossing the path.  It has been a long time since I last saw a caterpillar!  I helped it cross the road, lol.  I did a good deed, right? haha
 
 
Friday, Ty and Sarah, and their two boys Vinny and Titus came to stay the night with us.  They had a famly reunion they were going to, and stayed the night with us!  It was so much fun! Here are the two brothers pushing their kids in the swings.  Sarah and I watched from a bench and played with Titus.

 
This is Titus!  He such a sweet, cute, and happy baby!  He was content to sit on the floor and play with some of Shailee's toys she rarely touches anymore haha.  Shailee and Vinny were playing around each other.  I think Shailee was intrigued by these two.  She would just watch, and try to interact.  There were times I saw Shailee give a toy to Titus, and then sit and watch him play with it.  She liked to follow Vinny too!  They were all sweet and cute together!

 
Shailee had a good friend with Uncle Ty!  She sat and snuggled with him in the hammock for about 20 minutes!  She always had big smiles for him, and she would smile big for Sarah too, but then she'd get shy about it.  Lol, it was pretty darn cute!
 
 
She learned how to put a purse on her shoulder!  Ok, I would hold it for her, and she would stick her arm in it, and then I would put it on her shoulder.  She loved that!  Always big smiles doing it! :)

 
She actually let me do her hair yesterday!  So cute!
 
Thanks for coming up and staying with us Ty and Sarah!  We had lots of fun!  We love you guys!
 
Next week there won't be an update.  We will be out of town, but there should be an update in two weeks!  So till then, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment