Thursday, February 28, 2019

Baby's Birth

Well the long awaited day that I have been waiting 9 long months for !  The birth of our third baby, a boy!

Around 3:30 in the morning, I was woken up by a familiar discomfort.  When I've had this pain in the past, it meant I needed to go to the bathroom.  So I got up, and went to the bathroom.  Got back in bed, tried to go back to sleep.  I scheduled be at the hospital at 6 to be induced.

A half hour goes by and I get that same pain again.  Ugh!  I just went to the bathroom, why do I need to go again?!?  I decided to watch my pains to see if they were contractions.  Twenty minutes go by and another pain, but nothing terrible.  It's now about 4:30 in the morning, and I decide to wake Wes up.  I told him that I didn't think I would make it to the hospital and that I thought we needed to leave soon.  We watched and timed them for about ten minutes and Wes decided to jump in the shower real quick.  By the time he was done, my contractions were about 10-15 minutes apart.  We left the house around 5:15.

Driving to the hospital my contractions were about 8-10 minutes apart.  We weren't in a huge rush, but knew we should probably get there.  I was afraid of them telling us that I wasn't close enough and that I needed to wait in the waiting room. When we got there, we went to the ER entrance to check in.  They quickly got a nurse with a wheelchair to take me up to my room.  

This was the first time that I have gone into labor on my own, so I had no idea what to expect as far as pain and what exactly was going on.  Wes and I both didn't think this was a big deal yet.  We get up to my room, and all while I'm contracting, probably about 5-8 minutes apart at this point.  They gave me a gown to get dressed in and also want a urine sample.  At this point, moving up and down almost made my contractions worse.  But I managed to get them what they needed and finally lay on the bed.  The nurse wants to check me and see how far dilated I am.  When she checks me I'm at an 8 and about 75% effaced.  OMG!  

  

The nurses jumped right in to action. They were coming in and going out, one nurse would be doing something and ask the other if they can go do this or that. The nurse is asking me all the questions they ask and I'm contracting, doing my best to answer the questions. The anesthesiologist is there waiting for me to sign the papers so that he can give me my epidural.  My doctor has also shown up by this point.  Since I was so close, they wanted to make sure the epidural would kick in in time, so they gave me a spinal as well.  A combined spinal/epidural block is a technique that offers the rapid pain relief of a spinal and the continuous, long lasting relief of an epidural.  

\
Once the epidural was in and had started to work, my doctor broke my water.  He broke it at 6:35 and told me to push.  Basically the only thing keeping baby boy in was the fact that my water hadn't broken yet.

At 6:41 AM baby boy was born!





So happy!  Tears of joy for sure.


Mommy and baby's first looks at each other!



Getting cleaned off.


Baby was 7 pounds 11 ounces.



He's just so perfect!


We opted to feed baby formula from the start so this is his first feeding and he enjoyed it!  He almost ate the whole thing.  


So happy to have him here.


Daddy snuggling our newest addition.


Baby is all stretched out in the nursery enjoying the heat lamp.  I wasn't warming him up to a good temperature that the nurses liked to have them at, so they took him to the nursery to lay him under a heat lamp.


They brought him back with this cute hat!
We would like to introduce you to Zachary Tony Williams.


Nana, Papa, Shailee and Aiden meeting their new little brother and grandson for the first time.



Shailee holding Zachary!



Aiden holding Zachary!



I think it's safe to say that Aiden already loves his little brother!



Such a proud big sister!


Heading home!  We were in the hospital for just over 24 hours.  It was a quick birth but so easy.  Zachary is such a blessing to our family already and we are all smitten by him!

No comments:

Post a Comment