June was another busy month for us...
June 2
At the Discovery Museum! The kids love it here and this horse is one of Shailee's favorite things!
Aiden driving the truck!
June 3
My good friends from high school, Monica and Sam, (Ila couldn't be there this year) and I arranged for a girls weekend. We stocked up on some of the essentials!
Playing with some glow stick glasses! Me, Sam and Monica!
Me being a dork haha!
Sam put on a dance show for Monica and I. It was pretty epic!
June 4
Wes had the kids that weekend, since I was in SLC with my girls! He took them to the Ogden Nature Center. During the summer they had free Saturdays and he took advantage of it!
They spotted a deer in the distance!
Eww...I hate spiders, especially LARGE ones! At least it was behind a glass, and I wasn't there...Shailee is so brave! haha
They have some rescued birds of prey there and behind the kids is a bald eagle.
Love my two boys!
And my sweet girl!
Meanwhile, the girls and I were touring temple square and just having a great time! I took this picture from the Joseph Smith Memorial building from the top floor!
Monica, Sam and I! Love these girls so much!
We had lunch at the cheescake factory! Yum!
Made a stop at Claire's in the mall. We're true hipsters!
That night, we ate at T.G.I.Friday's! It was delicious and so much fun!
June 6
A few of the princesses were in town, so we decided to go see them! The line for Anna and Elsa was super long, and I think they had cut the line for them already, so we did this picture instead!
We saw Tinker Bell and Tiana...Shailee was excited but Aiden wasn't so sure about it lol.
They had a water fountain that was always doing something fun and entertaining to watch. We spent a lot of time watching!
Aiden was loving it!
For the 3rd year in a row...some crazy wind storm came through and broke our tree...this time there was nothing to save. Now we get to find a way to get rid of the stump and maybe plant a new tree. :)
June 7
I took the kids to the park and we had a picnic there too!
We all had a lot of fun!
Later, we came home and played in the water in the backyard!
Love that smile!
She's gonna get you!
June 8
Another day spent out in the pool!
June 9
As I was driving, we had stopped to park to pick dad up for lunch and I hear Aiden exclaim, "I did it!" Look back and he had put on this crown all by himself! He was so proud!
After lunch we went to the aquarium. We went to see the newest baby penguin!
They have a play area there now and the kids love it! We do this part at the end of the day!
Lots of things to climb on and slide down!
We got Aiden a new toy! He loves this car, almost as much as Shailee lol.
June 11
This is a picture Wes took on his mountain bike ride. He spotted a deer!
He is standing on top of a rock on the edge of it.
That afternoon, we went down to SLC to the Discovery Museum! We didn't know there were going to be princesses there, so this was a pleasant surprise! Here is Belle, and Wes took these pictures to get Shailee's perspective!
Going in for a hug!
She is super shy, but she is getting braver and her smiles more natural!
Ariel and Flounder were also there!
Belle read stories to the kids!
Then we went upstairs and Aiden found stairs and a slide to play on!
This day, they had bounce houses there too! Shailee and Aiden were in heaven!
They found a fun chair to sit in!
June 13
This is from Shailee's summer school at her preschool! Goldilocks and the Three Bears!
June 14
Going on a family walk on a trail close to our house!
We saw not one...
not two...but three snakes! I don't have a picture of the first one because it slithered across my foot and I froze not sure what to do lol.
More Goldilocks and the Three Bears stuff from school.
June 15
Just hanging out on the hammock with the kids!
While Shailee was in school this day, we played with cousins for a little bit. Claire in the car and Wade and Aiden at the sandbox.
We played inside too and watched Mickey Mouse!
June 16
I took the kids to the zoo and got them each a hat! They loved them!
Aiden surprisingly wore his hat the entire time!
And Shailee did too!
Riding the carousel as usual.
This is becoming a normal place to stop and sit on for a little bit.
June 18
Another Saturday spent at the Nature Park for free day!
Looking through a telescope...Aiden didn't quite grasp the concept haha.
They were doing a craft this day and Shailee wanted to do it. They made nature suncatchers.
June 19
Hanging outside on a lovely Sunday evening.
Wow! I'm so lucky!
Happy Father's Day Wes! We are so lucky to have you in our lives! You do so much for all of us, and mean the world to us! Thank you for everything you do, and for being here! Love you more than words could possibly say!
I'm one lucky girl!
This is what the kids and I made Wes for Father's Day/ Shailee's hand and Aiden's feet.
June 20
I think this is the Gingerbread Man.
June 21
While Shailee was in school, Aiden and I went and hung out at the toys in the mall. He loved this boat!
June 22
The gingerbread man and I think Hansel and Gretel.
Hansel and Gretel house and Stone Soup.
Mary had a Little Lamb and The Three Billy Goats Gruff!
Billy Goats Gruff and The Ugly Duckling!
June 23
At the zoo. We took a picture in the Eagle's Nest!
June 24
Outside playing on the trampoline with a sprinkler under it! So much fun and every kid should do this at least once in their life!
June 25
Little Red Hen
Also watched this cute niece and nephew. Claire only wanted me...she didn't want anything to do with Wes!
June 26
The Thunderbirds were in town this year...we watched from a park close to our house. The line to get in was ridiculous and we are pretty sure that it was closed to get in anyway, so we went where we knew we could see it!
June 27
Riding the train to go take dad to lunch!
So excited!
After lunch we went to the Discovery Museum. This is one of Aiden's favorite places. You put the ball on top of those tubes and they have air coming out of them, so the ball will float in the air!
Shailee likes the dressing up...and Aiden is happy to do most things!
Another of Aiden's favorite places is the water table they have!
Shailee told me to take her picture on top of this swan.
Aiden found a drum...just like the one he has at home!
They both like these little car things.
She climbed up the tree...okay, there's a ladder in there.
June 28
On the way to work this morning, Wes got a flat tire on his car...
Super lame...
When he got the spare on, he realized that it too had gone flat. What luck...I needed the car the following day for a few days and this happens?!? Long story short, we are glad it happened when it did. And that it wasn't me having to deal with it when I had kids with me. And we got it fixed before I needed it!
June 29
The kids and are on our way to Idaho for a few days...I will be headed back down to Utah to pick up daddy and bring him back with me to Idaho!
June 30
An evening walk with my mom! Forgot to mention, Happy Birthday Mom! (Yesterday) Thanks for everything you do for me and my family! I love you and wouldn't be the woman I am today with the love, guidance, and support I get from you! The kids absolutely adore you!
Playing at the park! I grew up playing on these toys and so it's fun to let my kids play on them too.
I told this stinker that he couldn't go down this slide, that it was too big for him and not to go over to it. What does he do? He turns around, smiles at me, and runs for the ladder. He gets all the way to the top, gives me this smile...he came down all by himself, and was smart enough to go down on his tummy backwards. We had a fun weekend with Nana and Papa.
No comments:
Post a Comment