Here is the December update. One of these days I will be updated all the way lol.
***Disclaimer: Lots of pictures and very long post! Don't feel like you have to read everything,.and so if you want to just look at the pictures, I wouldn't blame ya!***
We'll start off the month with Elf on Shelf! Robin sparkles came back and showed up on the dishwasher with some friends. Shailee was excited to find her and see her again after a year of her being absent.
Day 2, Robin Sparkles showed up with a fun Christmas book and was caught reading it.
Just hanging out on mom and dad's bed while mom gets ready for the day. This was on December 2, and Aiden was officially 3 months old!
Shailee was showing him a toy and accidentally hit him with it, don't worry it was a soft plush toy, but I happened to get a picture of it happening.
Day 3, Robin Sparkles decided to hang out in the ice maker. Shailee thought that was so funny and had to have her go back in a few more times.
I was changing Aiden, and Shailee came up to me and said I colored on the wall. What?? So I asked her to show me, and sure enough she did. I had to explain to her that we don't color on the wall, and I cleaned it up. Thankfully it was an easy clean up.
Day 4, Robin Sparkles was hanging out on our kitchen chandelier. It took Shailee all day to find her, but she finally did and was really happy to have found her.
Day 5, Robin Sparkles went sledding on the bannister.
December 5, our ward had their Christmas party. It was a lot of fun, and they had delicious food and desserts! At the end, whoever was sitting in the chair (at each table) that had a snowman tag got to take the poinsettia home with them. Shailee was the lucky one at our table that won it! She was so excited!
Day 6, Robin Sparkles got tangled up in the lights on the bannister.
December 6, it was such a nice day that we decided to go to the zoo. This was Aiden's first trip to the zoo. Here we are at the lions, but also keeping Aiden entertained! Daddy is so funny!
Shailee looking at some of the birds that roam freely through the zoo.
Sitting on the big elephants trunk with daddy. She wouldn't sit alone, because just before the picture, it sneezed (it makes different noises) and it scared her. To this day, she still remembers that the elephant scared her that one time.
This was my view of Aiden while pushing the stroller. He did really good, but I think by the end of the day, he was ready to be out of his carseat.
Shailee wanted a picture with the giraffes, so we got one.
I wanted a picture of the kids sitting in the eagles nest, but Shailee didn't want to sit down or hold Aiden, so I settled for this pose.
On December 7, dad and Shailee pulled some faces and took pictures of them. I opened my photos on my phone to these.
Day 7, Robin Sparkles brought our stockings and waited for Shailee to come find her in her stocking!
We also took family pictures and Aiden's 3 month pictures on the 7th. It was such a nice day outside, and we took advantage of it. Some of these pictures were on our Christmas card.
It was a big day for all of us, and I found the kids knocked out on Wes! It was too cute to not snap a photo of it!
This was the one that we put up on our wall.
In case you can't read it, it says:
- Likes:
- to be tickled
- smile
- chew on fingers and fist
- entertained by everyone
- Shailee
- Dislikes:
- car seat
- being left alone
- standing
- Wears:
- size 2 diapers
- some 0-3 month clothes, some 6 month clothes
- Other Stats:
- weighs ~16 pounds
- eats 5-5 1/2 ounces
- found his giggle
When Shailee was 3 months old, I had a similar picture taken. I sent this one to my sister-in-law Jamie, and asked her to touch it up and make it look like that one I had done with Shailee. I think I will make it a tradition to do this with all my kids! It turned out great!
Day 8, Shailee found Robin Sparkles playing in her barn.
Day 9, Robin Sparkles brought us our tree star and decided to hang out on it till we all got up the next morning and Shailee found her.
Day 10, Robin Sparkles went for a ride in Shailee's grocery cart.
Day 11, Robin Sparkles went swinging in the night, and stayed there all night until Shailee found her the next morning.
Just some cute pictures of our cute kids!
Day 12, Robin Sparkles brought a snowman making kit and asked Shailee if she wanted to build a snowman. So we built a snowman on the back of our front door!
That night, we went to Temple Square to see the lights. Shailee had lots of fun, and Aiden was amazed at all the bright lights!
Day 13, Robin Sparkles requested pancakes on this morning, Shailee couldn't have agreed more!
Day 14, Robin Sparkles making snow angles with some friends in a winter wonderland.
Shailee decided that she wanted to join Robin, so we let her play for a while in it!
Day 15, Robin Sparkles brought mommy a bed for her to recover on after her surgery.
On December 15, I had my hip scope surgery. I had over growth bone in my hip and socket joint, and that caused impingment, and my labrum to tear. So the doctor went in and shaved the excess bone off and repaired my labrum. Just waiting for them to come take me back. I was called back and was scheduled to go into surgery around 12, but something came up with another patient that they needed to go first, so I got bumped. We sat and waited for 3 or 4 hours until they finally took me back.
Shailee did good waiting with us, and was sad when they took me back.
While waiting, they had to start me on some type of fluid. At one point, I looked down at my arm and it was all swollen like a balloon. I told Wes that I didn't think this was normal, and asked him to call the nurse. The nurse came and said that that wasn't normal at all. She turned off my fluids and waited for another nurse to come in and look at it. She ended up taking out this IV and putting a new one in my other arm right my my wrist.
After surgery and just waking up. Wes got there just as I was waking up and he told me to smile and then took this picture. I went home that night, so it was just an in and out procedure.
Day 16, Robin Sparkles brought us a Christmas movie. She brought us 'The Grinch'.
The bug and I just hanging out the day after surgery.
December 17. I had to keep my bandages on for 3 days. This is what I had to look at lol. I also had to have a machine that would move my leg up and down for 4-6 hours a day. It would bend at the knee up to 90 degrees and then go down. I could also break up my hours if needed. I usually did it at night while I slept. I had the machine for 3 weeks.
Day 17, Robin Sparkles went zip lining with a candy cane treat for Shailee.
This is the machine I had to use.
December 18, it was time to take the bandages off. All the red you see isn't blood. It is the dye they injected into my hip for the procedure.
Three incision and 7 stitches total! It's still a little swollen in these pictures.
Day 18, Robin Sparkles had a parade in our kitchen with a few of Shailee's toys.
Day 19, Robin Sparkles had a snowball fight with Shailee's princesses. I think it was a tie on who won.
Shailee loves her little brother and is ok with holding him and even laying down next to him. The next pictures are of all of us just hanging out on my recovery bed,
Shailee and Wes making faces and hanging out on my recovery bed out in the living room. Not sure why the first two didn't turn.
Aiden joined in on the fun...
The whole family, all of these were on December 19.
Day 20, Robin Sparkles takes a bath in red and green M&M's! Shailee had to taste them to make sure they were ok!
Day 21, Robin Sparkles got wrapped up in wrapping paper while wrapping presents.
Also on the 21, we were driving home and saw a bald eagle flying and then landed in a tree at some apartment buildings close to our house.
On the 22, Wes took Shailee into the doctor. She had had a nasty cough for a few weeks that wasn't getting better. She didn't need the mask, but I guess she insisted on wearing one. There was no official diagnosis, but they gave her some medicine to try and help.
Day 22 of Elf on the Shelf. Robin Sparkles was hanging out in the nativity and all the friends that came with it!
My sweet baby boy on the 23.
Can't forget this cutie either!
The night of the 23, Robin Sparkles was hanging out in the van, waiting for us to get loaded, so that we could head to Idaho for Christmas!
Christmas morning was spent at my parents house this year. Santa came and dropped off presents and this is what we woke up to on Christmas morning. (My parents have yet to find a good star or angel for the top of their new tree)
Wes helping Shailee open her presents...she got so spoiled!
An Anna and Elsa umbrella, she loves it! She always tells me she needs it when it is raining so that the rain won't get her wet!
Shailee brought me a present, I opened it, and this is what I found. When I opened the calculator it had a note inside and it said. "Haha. Just Kidding! Have Shailee look behind the curtain." It was sheets for our bed!
Shailee helped Wes open this present from my parents. It is a mattress topper for our bed! Love it!
Shailee got a little people's princess castle from my parents with an extra set of a prince and princess. This was by far her favorite toy and she played with it for hours. It was hard to get her to be interested in opening any other presents.
My parents also got us new sheets for our bed.
A spice rack for my spices. Love it, it organized it so nicely and cleared space up as well!
My aunt LuAnn made a cute little mattress pad, blanket, and pillow for a cradle that Shailee has for her dolls and stuffed animals. (The cradle used to be mine when I was a little girl.)
An Elsa blanket that also came with an Elsa doll.
Playing with her little people again.
Her Elsa doll that came with the above blanket.
Big girl panties! Frozen theme.
What would Christmas be without getting new clothes?!?
You can't tell, but the movie she got was the Lego movie.
Wasn't really a Christmas present. We get Koala Crate in the mail, and we hadn't opened it yet so we just brought it up and let her open it there.
Shailee got some sticks and things to make forts and what not. She loves it, and constantly asks to build a house for her.
Tinkerbell book from my parents.
Another Frozen blanket. This blanket is so soft and warm!
Helping open Aiden's present. It is a little toy that hangs on the carseat so that he has something to play with when he is in there.
Just hanging out!
He also got a playmat!
Christmas morning picture in our new pajamas we got from Santa!
My parents neighbor from across the street gave them this flower. It wasn't supposed to, and didn't bloom, until Christmas morning! So neat. I wish we knew what kind of flower it was.
I'm terrible and didn't get pictures from celebrating Christmas with the Williams. And because I'm a slacker with this blog, I can't remember what we got from them either. Oh wait, it's coming back to me. Wes and I got a gift card to Texas Roadhouse! Yum! Aiden got some clothes and Shailee got a frozen book.
Thanks to our parents for letting us stay and celebrate with both of them! You made ours and our children's Christmas magical!
Ila and her son Desmund came over one day to trim Shailee's hair and for present exchange! Shailee and Desmund were playing pretty good with each other, which is big for Shailee.
Shailee was telling me to not take her picture. haha!
My mom's side of the family got rooms at a local hotel and spent a few nights there. Shailee wanted to go swimming so bad with Nana and Papa. I couldn't go because I still had stitches in my leg from surgery and Wes chose not to because Aiden was too young and we didn't want to put him hotel cold water.
I was just soaking my legs in the hot tub and snapped these cute and fun pictures of Shailee with her Nana and Papa!
Walking around like a monkey...or maybe a cave man? Lol
The closest I got to swimming...
Aiden passed out on our bed.
My phone got hacked by my husband and cousin Taylor. This is now my homescreen page. Thanks guys!
We played a game where you drew a scenario, and then had to take a selfie of it, and see if people could guess what it was of.
Wes had eating something sour. I think most everyone got his correct!
I got getting a text message in the middle of the night. Not many people got that. Now that I think about it, I should have gone somewhere dark to take it lol.
Back at the pool the next morning. The men were sitting looking at their phones while the wives and kids were in the pool.
My cute bug!
It snowed like crazy while in Idaho on a couple of days. This was just in one night. My dad actually decided to use his snowblower instead of shoveling. He was so glad that he did.
We went to church with my parents, and got a picture with them and the kids in their Sunday clothes they got for Christmas. Aiden's is too small, but we stuck him in it anyway.
Back home on December 29. Shailee got a balloon in Idaho and we brought it home. Aiden loved it, and one day I loosely tied it to his ankle. It entertained him for a good 20 minutes. Whenever he would kick or move his leg it would move, and he was in baby heaven lol.
Getting better at holding things with both hands and getting it to his mouth.
Passed out yet again.
This is what band-aids do when you keep putting them on the same spot for 2 weeks.
Happy baby in his sister old Jumper-Roo. He loves it!
Shailee wanted her picture taken too.
Our cute kids on December 31, New Years Eve!
Happy New Years Eve!
We played Sorry, and it was a close game! I think I ended up winning, but I don't remember lol.
Here are some fun things that happened this year and some 'Shailee Lately's and a little of Aiden and the family:
- January 1, 2014- Took Shailee to the mall, she played on the toys there and was brave enough to say "hi" and "hello" to the other kids there!
- January 2, 2014- Devin and Lynsey came over to build our new computer! Shailee made friends with Lynsey. Brought her books to read and balls to throw in the hoop! She called Lynsey "Una", not sure where she picked that up LOL!
- January 7, 2014- For the first time in a couple of months, Shailee didn't cry or throw her stuffed animals out at bedtime. She just went down! It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!
- January 12, 2014- Shailee came crying to mom, and when asked what was wrong, she replied, "Daddy mean!" haha
- January 12, 2014- Two nights in a row now that Shailee has not cried at bedtime when put down!
- January 12, 2014- Wes and Crystal are doing good on their exercises!
- January 12, 2014- "Daddy's Mean!" (Wes wouldn't hold her) Also, Shailee spent 1 hour in nursery without daddy!
- January 14, 2014- Yesterday, took a pregnancy test. We're pregnant! Today, I am 6 weeks. Baby is due around September 9, 2014!
- January 24, 2014- Sometime this week, Shailee figured out how to start the next episode of 'Curious George' on Netflix.
- January 25, 2014- Shailee went to nursery on her own for the 2nd time and it looks like it will be a trend!
- February 8, 2014- Took Shailee to her 1st movie...FROZEN. She was very good for it and enjoyed it!
- March 3, 2014- Last Tuesday at volleyball (church) Shailee points at painting of Jesus blessing the Disciples and proclaims "Jesus {is} asleep!"
- March 3, 2014- Crystal and Shailee enjoy National Pancake Day at IHOP
- March 4, 2014- Lately Shailee has been counting "1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12 (maybe not the 12) (Crystal assumes sometimes 12 is in there)
- May 23, 2014- When mad or frustrated at mom/dad she will tell us to get out or go away.
- May 23, 2014- Likes doing things on her own says "Shai-ya do it!" and proceeds to do it.
- May 23, 2014- Likes to run on the trampoline and says "Shai-ya running!"
- May 23, 2014- Tell us to "eat it!" and can be anything from actual food to something non-edible.
- May 23, 2014- When she see bugs she will scream "Ah! Spider!" and run. Sometimes she'll say "ant" instead.
- May 23, 2014- Squished her very first box elder bug on May 22!
- May 23, 2014- Recognizes where we get cheeseburgers and pancakes. She used to call them "cheese-a-burg" but within the last month has changed to "Cheeseburger" and calls pancakes "pacakes"
- May 23, 2014- calls smarties "smarmies"
- May 23, 2014- Likes suckers
- May 23, 2014- Recognizes when mom/dad drop her off at nursery that we'll "be right back". She will tell us when she'll be right back when she goes somewhere to get something.
- May 23, 2014- Loves to read books
- May 23, 2014- Loves her stuffed animals
- May 23, 2014- Knows that mommy has a baby in her tummy.
- May 23, 2014- Knows most animals by name and the sounds they make.
- May 23, 2014- Asks us to make a sneeze (a-choo) then tells us "Bless you!"
- May 23, 2014- loves to say "bonk!"
- May 23, 2014- Says "I love you!"
- May 23, 2014- Loves to watch Frozen (pincess Anna and Elsa), Tangled (pincess Punzel) and Jungle Book (man cub and Baloo the teddy bear)
- May 23, 2014- She has heard us say "Stupid cars!" so often times she will blurt out "cars stupin!"
- May 23, 2014- Asks "Where is___? or Where'd ____ go?" and waits for us to repeat the question to her (or will continue asking the question until we do) and will promptly answer "Right here!"
- May 23, 2014- Loves stickers
- May 23, 2014- Is mommy's shopping buddy! Will mimic what she has seen me do with clothes and look at them on the rack and say things like "So cute! So pretty!"
- May 23, 2014- says "huh" after several statements that she says as in :Shai-ya cute, huh?" or "Shai-ya do it huh!"
- May 23, 2014- Says "I scared the monster away!"
- May 23, 2014- Lately, she has said, "I scared the monster." We think she means that she is scared of the monster. Not sure where she picked that up.
- May 23, 2014- Says "Thanks you!" and "welcome" (elcome) at the right times.
- May 23, 2014- Say "ook! (look) when showing us stuff.
- May 23, 2014- Loves playing with the cats.
- May 23, 2014- Sometimes pretends to be a cat or dog.
- May 23, 2014- Calls the laser pointer "button"
- May 23, 2014- Loves to push the button on the van to close the door.
- May 23, 2014- Starting to use her imagination more.
- May 23, 2014- Sometimes she cries when Wes puts her down and wants him to come back and she says, "Dad, come out!" Once in there she usually says, "blanket on!" and she is fine.
- July 1, 2014- Sunday, June 29, Kevin, Jamie and Wade came over for a BBQ with us and Shailee kept calling Wade, Titus. So cute!
- July 1, 2014- Loves 'Finding Nemo; and asks to watch "Emo" everyday!
- July 1, 2014- Tells mom that she has hair like Punzel.
- July 1, 2014- When she or mom wears a dress she says, "Pretty like a princess!"
- July 1, 2014- Likes to 'scare' mom and dad. She will tell us she going to scare us, backs up a little , pounces on us as she says, "ROAR!"
- September 2, 2014- We welcomed Aiden Weston Williams to the world. He was 7 pounds, 13 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. He's so perfect! We love him! *induced at 39 weeks
- September 4, 2014- We brought Aiden home!
- September 6, 2014- Went to Lagoon for Wes's work party with both kids. Aiden was a trooper and Shailee had fun on the rides!
- September 7, 2014- While eating breakfast, Aiden was crying and Shailee told me to turn him off! Haha
- December 4, 2014- On November 28, we left Nana and Papa's house to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's house and Shailee was so sad. She cried for a few minutes and then told us, "Shailee has sad blue eyes!"
- December 4, 2014- She likes to gallop.
- December 4, 2014- Knows most of her letters by sight.
- December 4, 2014- Starting to sing unprompted. I have heard Twinkle, ABC's and Jingle Bells
- December 4, 2014- Started potty training and does pretty good
- December 4, 2014- Knows most of her princesses
- December 4, 2014- Her go to movie lately has been Dumbo
- December 4, 2014- Still loves and is obsessed with anything FROZEN
- December 4 2014- Loves her brother
- December 4, 2014- When Aiden was like 4 days old, he was crying and Shailee asked me to "Turn him off!"
- December 4, 2014- Tells me Aiden has little: hair, eyes, ears, hands and feet
- December 4, 2014- Will occasionally hold Aiden's hand
- December 4, 2014- Sometimes when Aiden is crying and I can't get to him right away, she'll go over to him and shush him so sweetly.
- December 4, 2014- Will talk to Aiden and tell him "HI!"
- December 4, 2014- Counts like this: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- December 4, 2014- Likes to show us her blue eyes
- December 9, 2014- On November 30, during sacrament meeting, they were saying the prayer and Shailee said "Dad, close your eyes!"
- December 9, 2014- She has figured out whispering! A lot of times she will say "Sh! Just whisper!" in a whisper. Then she'll say "No, just be louder!"
- December 9, 2014- She has a cute little gallop she does, kind of like a skip but not quite
- December 9, 2014- Gets tongue tied sometimes when trying to say 'Santa Clause' and says 'Closet' instead.



No comments:
Post a Comment