Welcome to the September post...the one I am sure the majority of you have been waiting for! This was a special month for us, we welcomed Aiden Weston Williams to the world and our little family! But first, I want to say a little bit about the pregnancy. Since I had gestational diabetes with Shailee, it was pretty much assumed that I would have it with Aiden as well. So from the get go, we started the diet, and monitoring how many carbs I ate etc. I never did get the glucose test because we were just treating me like I already had it. We tried to control it by diet alone, but unfortunately that didn't work and I had to eventually use insulin to help keep my blood sugars where they should be.
It was frustrating and hard, and many tears were shed...especially towards the end when my blood levels were rising. It was hard to not feel like a failure, because I tried and tried and did what I was supposed to and they still crept up. I had to keep upping my insulin to help with that, and even then, sometimes I would have a high number, but in the end it all worked out.
At 30 weeks, I had to go to the doctor twice a week for an ultra sound (to make sure that baby was growing like he should and nothing abnormal was happening) and a non stress test where they listened and monitored baby's heartbeat for a half hour. Each time, he was doing great! We had a strong, healthy boy growing. It was funny, because Aiden liked to move, and they had a heard time finding his heartbeat sometimes, or more like, they couldn't keep it because he kept moving. That little stinker!
At 36 weeks, my doctor went out of town for a week and half. He told me not to have a baby while he was gone...all I could say was that I would try not too haha. While he was gone, I had to go to another doctor so that I could still get the tests done. I went to one he recommended, and then it ended up that he too was going out of town after my second visit with him, so he referred me to another doctor for my third visit. After that, I was back to my normal doctor! I was happy to be back with him, only because I was familiar with him and had been with him the entire pregnancy.
At 38 weeks, he asked me if I was anxious to be induced. I replied that yes I was. I was induced with Shailee, and loved it! I loved knowing when everything was going to happen, and was hoping that my doctor would let me induced this time too. When he brought it up, I was excited! So we made an appointment to be induced at 39 weeks.
This was on September 2, the morning I was being induced. I was ready to have this baby out and be done being pregnant haha. We checked into the hospital at 7:45 AM.
At 8:30 AM, the doctor broke my water. The nurse had left the blood pressure cuff off my arm, so that's what is up by my head. They had to have my lay on a pillow on my right side in order to keep the baby's heartbeat, in the first picture I'm trying to adjust the band they had around my tummy because it was digging into my back a little bit.
They gave me the option of having an early epidural, so I took them up on it. I was able to even get a little nap in. I got my epidural at 10:30 AM.
Not sure what time this was, but at some point, they put the oxygen mask on because his heartbeat was dropping just a little, nothing to be concerned about, but the oxygen helped out!
Around 1:30, the doctor came in to check me, and then told me it was time to push. I was a little confused, because I didn't feel like I needed to. I remember with Shailee that I felt like I needed to have a bowel movenment, which I later found out meant that I needed to push. But this time around I had no feeling at all. I remember looking at Wes, like, really? But I trusted the doctor. They got me all ready to start pushing. I think I pushed 3 or 4 times and before I knew it Aiden was born.
Aiden Weston Williams was born at 1:59 PM. I had no tears or anything, so no stitches for me. Yay!
From the instant he was born, he was a back archer. That's what I was feeling inside of me the last few months. I would feel his head down by my bladder and a foot up in my ribs all at the same time. Now I know how he did it and what I was feeling.
Aiden was 7 pounds, 13 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long! Welcome to world little Aiden!
Meeting mommy for the first time.
I was so smitten by him...trying not to cry.
Around 3:00 PM my parents came to visit and brought Shailee to meet her baby brother. She noticed him, and got the concept that Aiden was no longer in my tummy and that the baby was Aiden,but she would not touch him! HAHA.
After my parents and Shailee left, I was finally able to have lunch. Shortly after lunch, I needed to use the restroom. So I paged the nurse for her to help to the bathroom, because the epidural still hadn't worn all the way off. This was my second trip to the bathroom. The first one, I went and not a lot of blood. I figured everything was fine. When she got there, I told her I had felt a gush and that I was afraid that I may have peed the bed. I was embarrassed to say so, but I guess that is one reason they are there, is to help. Turns out that I hadn't, but that there was a lot of blood. She called a second nurse in for her opinion. Then the doctor was called in. My uterus was clear up in my stomach area, which isn't where it should be. It was hard too around my stomach. Everytime they pushed lots of blood came out. I had passed a huge blood clot in the bathroom as well. They ended up giving me some medicine rectally that causes you to contract and control the bleeding. I was put back on pitocin to also help with it, and they also gave me a catheter. Once my bladder was drained, it helped a lot, along with the medicine.
I hated that medicine at first tho. It caused me to shake really bad and made me cold. They brought in a few warm blankets tho, so that was nice, once I warmed back up. That was crazy, and I'm glad that I said something. I ended up staying an extra night in the hospital so that they could monitor me and make sure that everything was under control and that I could function without the catheter the second night.
Sweet baby Aiden. The first night, he serenaded both Wes and I in his and our sleep. Every breathe, he would sigh by it was like singing haha. It was so cute!
September 3. The family came and visited us the second morning, and by this time, Shailee was ok to touch Aiden and even allowed Nana to help her hold him. Kind of. She kept wanting to just play in the room, and go out and walk around. They have a little waterfall wall at the hospital and she kept wanting to go see it.
September 4, and we finally made it home!
On September 6, Wes's work had a work party at Lagoon. So, we decided to go along for the ride. It would be nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air.
We took Shailee on a few rides, and she loved it! It will be a place we take her back for sure!
Aiden was a trooper and slept pretty much the whole time.
Just hanging out with mom on September 8. He does occasionally open his eyes.
Hanging out with my favorite girl on September 10 while baby Aiden naps. We still have lots of fun together!
Dad even sent us this selfie from work because he wanted to join in with us as we hung out and had fun!
September 11 was spent having naps with mom and Nana. We sure enjoyed having my parents here for two weeks helping out with the baby and Shailee and us too haha! Wish we lived closer to both sets of parents for help every once in a while and just for the company! We hope they enjoyed their stay with us as much as we did theirs!
On September 13, my beautiful sister-in-law, Jamie, came to take some newborn/family pictures! Thanks again Jamie, they turned out beautiful, and we love them! Thanks for letting us use you as our official photographer and for sharing your talent with us!
We included my parents in the family pictures as well so that we could have an updated one with them!
It's easy to see that Shailee does indeed love her little brother!
Course, we had to have some fun while taking pictures!
I absolutely love this picture of my boys!
3 generations! I feel bad that we didn't get one with Suzanne too, but thankfully we have gotten other pictures with the kids and her!
It wouldn't be a newborn photoshoot without at least one of them crying!
September 14, Aiden is two weeks old!
Shailee found a new favorite DVD to watch, and it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons. She would ask to watch them all day and then just sit at the computer desk and watch them. She still loves it!
September 16, enjoyed snuggles with my little mister!
I'm sure this was just a gas smile, but it was a smile nonetheless, and felt lucky to have caught it on camera!
On September 20, Wes took Shailee on a daddy-daughter date and took her hiking. Here she is at a look out point smelling flowers. She loves flowers and carrying them and smelling them too.
Taking a little break!
Made it to the waterfall. Love this little girl of ours! She enjoyed throwing rocks in the water.
Wes sent me this sweet picture of the two of them!
Our first real outing with both kids. We went to SAM's club, and they have double seating in their carts! So nice!
September 24, just a lazy day at home with my kiddos!
Shailee loves getting her picture taken and saying 'Cheese' and on September 28, it was no different.
On the 28, I also got a moby wrap, and it was a life saver! Aiden would be fussy and I would stick him in it and he instantly would calm down and usually fall asleep.
Hugging his little elephant binky. It should be noted that the first month of Aiden's life was really the only time he took a binky.
Mommy and Shailee hanging out on September 29 while Aiden chilled/napped in his swing with his elephant binky!
Stay tuned for the October update and to see our kids grow!











No comments:
Post a Comment