Wednesday, September 19, 2012

UPDATE...ish

I don't know why, but for some reason I struggle keeping this blog updated.  I keep telling myself that I'm gonna do it, and then it never gets done.  I was waiting to add some more pictures (more recent ones) but I decided to update with what I have.  So here it goes!  I'll just tell what the pictures are and when I update with stuff that has happened more recently I'll write more.  So this will mostly be a picture update.  Enjoy!
 
 
 This was on Father's Day!  Wes and Shailee were watching TV, and Shai feel asleep.  Wes had a great 1st Father's Day!  We didn't do much, just relaxed all day. :)

 
I painted Shailee's toes for the first time.  I went with a light color, in case it turned out messy, but I love how they turned out!

We got a new kitten.  Her name is Kansas!  She has a lot of energy and such a fun, sweet, loveable personality!

Shailee and Mom just hanging out.

Shailee really likes to play in the mirror, here we were all enjoying her smiling at herself in the mirror.


"I found my toes!"  She was playing with her toes and checking out her toys above her, trying to decide which would be more fun.  She settled with her toes haha.

Kansas and Muse taking a nap.  This was the first time Muse would let Kansas sleep close to her.  They play great together, but sleeping was a different story till this.

At around 4 1/2 or 5 months of age, Shailee discovered that bath time wasn't so bad.  She started playing with toys and splashing with her feet.  Now, she looks forward to bathtime and playing with Mr. Hippo.  She has several favorite bathtime pals she gets to enjoy baths with.

This was Shailee's first 4th of July.  Grandma and Grandpa McCulloch bought her outfit and flower.  I just love this picture!

Family photo on the 4th of July.  This was the best of 6 pictures taken.  We were in Rexburg for the 4th, and we got to visit and spend time with both sides of the family.

Shailee and Dad.

Shailee and Mom.

Mom and Shailee had matching toes for the 4th.  I tried to talk Wes into letting me paint his toes, so he could match with us, but he wasn't interested.  Haha.

We went to church that Sunday (after the 4th) with my parents.  My mom wanted a family picture of us, and this was the result.  I really like it! :)

Shailee had been practicing this before we went up to Idaho, but she was getting really good while we were up there.  She is holding her own bottle now!

This was Shailee first time in a high chair.  We gave her some toys to play with, and she was content.  We were able to eat our own dinner with her up for once.  It was nice.  Thanks mom and dad for having one there!

Kansas and Muse were caught eating out of the same food dish.  This doesn't happen often, so I took the opportunity to snap this picture.

Shailee sometimes sleeps in strange positions.  I caught this one when I went to get her up from her nap.  Just doesn't look that comfortable to me, but it works I suppose haha.

Also around 5 months old, we bought her this cool bouncy activity chair.  She loves it!  Lots of things to play with and it has music too! 

One of the times I went in to get her up, she was sucking on her thumb.  This was the 2nd time I saw it, and since I didn't have my camera the 1st time, I snapped this picture.

Again, sucking her thumb.  Stupid camera focused on the crib instead of Shailee, so that's why it's blurry.  Unfortunately, she prefers her thumb over her binki now.  So yay on no more binki!  Hopefully this thumb sucking doesn't last too long either! :)

Kansa loves to play in Shailee's bumbo all the time.

This was Shailee's first trip to Hogle Zoo.  She enjoyed it I think haha.  She likes to people watch, so the zoo was more for Wes and I, but at least it gets us out of the house, which Shailee loves!

I dressed her in this monkey outfit, and just had to get a picture of her monkey butt!

Dad and Shailee at the zoo.

What a cutie!  Can you tell she was having a good ol' time?!

Thought this picture was too cute not to share.  Shailee sure loves her daddy!

She feel asleep before we were done at the zoo.

The next few pictures are of Shailee's room.  This is the corner and the chair we feed and rock her in.  We got her the stuffed animal hammock to keep all her toys in.

Here is her crib and changing table.

This is behind the door, her swing her there.  Actually it's no longer there cuz we don't use it anymore, but a light has since taken the place of the swing.

Her closet of clothes!  She has so many, but at the same time not enough haha.

These are her curtains that I made with the help of my mom.  I think they turned out great!

Her activity mat that I still stick her on on a daily basis haha.  She loves it most of the time, but sometimes she throws a little fit. 

This was the book we got her for her first trip to Hogle Zoo.  It has pictures and a little story of baby animals at the zoo.  So cute!

Shailee snuggled with me one day, and we had to get a picture of it.  If you know Shailee, you will know that she isn't much of a snuggler (sad day I know).

Just a cute picture of sweet little Kansas!

Well folks, that's it for now.  I'm hoping to keep up on this a little bit better, so hopefully this Saturday I can update with a more recent update.  Till then, take care!

2 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures of your family! Looks like you've been having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! That picture of Shai and Wes is so freaking adorable! She has a great smile too:) I miss you guys and am sad I feel like I'm missing out on so much! PS I couldn't tell for a while who I thought she looked most liked but I think she looks a lot like Wes:)

    ReplyDelete