Saturday, September 22, 2012

Finally Caught Up...Picture Overload!

While backing up our picture files, I ran across some picutres that I never shared here or wrote much on if at all.  So, we are reminiscing a little bit today, and then, once this post is done we will be all caught up.  We will be taking a small trip down memory lane, bear with me, and if you just want to skip to the end, I don't blame you.
 
WARNING: Lots and lots of pictures!
 
TONY's GROVE, LOGAN:
 
 
 
Wes's parents came up the first week of October last year.  We were still in school.  I was also about 5 months pregnant here.  We all decided to go on a small hike up in Logan's Canyon to a place called Tony Grove.

Suzanne, Troy, and I.

Just a pretty view.  We had lots of these, so it was hard to choose just one to share with you.

The best in-laws anyone could ask for! :)

Sorry this is a little out of order.  About a week before Troy and Suzanne came up, my parents came up for a visit as well.  This is my parents and I on another little hike up in Logan's Canyon,
 
 
CALIFORNIA 2011: Last August, we took a trip to California with Wes's family.
We spent one day in Universial Studios Hollywood.  This was such a fun, yet interesting trip haha!
 
 
 
Here is Tyson, Sarah, and their son Vinny. 

He thought he was pretty cool in uncle Wes's shades!

This picture was on a ride we went on.  It was a tour of Universal Studios where they do a lot of TV filiming and what not.  This one is of a town.

 
 
Desperate Housewives.

Another shot of a town.

Whoville from Dr. Suess's "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

They had several cars from lots of movies.  Here is one of them.

Wes wanted a picture with Homer, but the line was super long, so he just walked behind him and had me snap a picture with him in it.

More of the tour ride we went on.  This was where they may shoot a western movie.
 
Jurasic Park.

We went to Water World and this was the shark they caught haha.  This was outside of the arena area.
 
We also spent a day at the San Diego Zoo.  This was a momma Hippo and her baby Hippo.  They were so cute!
 
These two gorillas were cute too!  Momma and baby snuggling.
 
A panda eating some bamboo.
 
Us posing in front of a gorilla statue.
Tiger sleeping oh so comfortable.

Another panda.
 
They had a little aviary you could walk through where they had some birds (obviously haha) but you could feed them sugar water or something like that.  It was pretty cool!
 
Wes had never seen a bird of paradise flower before...so we had to take a picture to document that.
 
This was the end result of having to walk through the zoo all day and being 3 months pregnant.  My ankle swoll up pretty good.  It took a good 2 days for the swelling to come down.
 
We spent another day at an aqarium.  I think this was by far my favorite place we went to this trip.
 
Me with a giant crab.

We spent two seperate days at two different beaches.  Here is one (I believe we were at Hunington Beach).
 
This is Wes.  I can't remember what they called this kind of surfing, but you run and jump on a board and see how long you can stay on.  Wes was pretty darn good!  It was all his long boarding skills coming in.  This was also the 2nd beach we went to.  I don't know the name of it, but it was somewhere by San Diego.
 
We took a day and drove through Hollywood.  This was one of the pictures Wes snapped!
 
One night, we went to Medieval Times, and it was so fun!  Our color was yellow, but I can't remember who won.  I don't think we did tho haha.
Family photo at Medieval Times.
 
Grandma and Vinny.
 Here we are waiting for the men to fill up water bottles.  We had missed our flight and had to rent a 12 passenger van and drive through the night to get home the next day.  What a great bonding expeirence!  Keep in mind I was 3 months pregnant, and had to constantly ask the driver to stop at the next available rest area haha.  Thanks again for putting up with constant stopping!
 
 
WES'S BIRTHDAY:
 
I decorated the door and apartment before Wes got home from work on his birthday as a little surprise for him.  Although he decided to come home a half hour earlier than I expected and he walked in on me blowing up balloons.  His punishment was that he had to help me finish blowing up the balloons and decorating haha.

Shailee and dad amidst the decor.

The door and our light.

Our ceiling light.

The 'Happy Birthday' banner.

I made Wes a 'Better than Sex' cake for his birthday.  Here, we are singing Happy Birthday!

Wes showing Shailee a balloon.  She was interested in them!

We had to get a picture of Shailee in Wes's birthday hat.  So cute!


Shailee was entertained here for a good 20 minutes of just looking at herself in the mirror. 

Wes reading a book to Shailee.  She like to look at the pictures.

Playing in her activity chair!

Baby's 1st Summer!

Wes and I made a lot of crock pot meals one weekend.  He had chopped everything up and seperated them into their own containers for me, so all I had to do was place them in their appropriate bags and place them in the freezer.





Kansas and Muse snuggling and sleeping in the sun.  Both of them love to do this on a daily basis.

We have built these shelves for the cats to use and play on or sleep on.  This was the first time they really seemed interested in them.

We have a picture like this of Muse too...just thought it was funny we have similar pictures of both cats.

The next three pictures are of the sunset we witnessed one day driving back home from Idaho.  This was the driver's side of the sky view.

Here is the passenger side's view.

And the front.

We also saw this beautiful sunset from our porch one evening.

Grandma and Grandpa McCulloch bought Shailee a brand new highchair to have here at our house.  Thanks again!  She loves it, and stays entertained here while mom or dad are making her dinner.

I just love this picture of her, I took it from up above her.

Sitting on her own.

Yesterday (September 21) we went for a drive to a resivour and decided to take some family pictures.  We had it set on a timer, so we got several pictures, that we could choose the best shots!

Wes and Shailee.

 

We gave Shailee a leaf, and she was so excited with it!

A waterfall we saw on our way home.  This was so cool to see!

"Give me the camera mom!"  She wanted the camera so badly.

Another family pic.

Pretty colors!



No comments:

Post a Comment