Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our Weekened




Well the weekend came, and went already. Friday, we were planning on going to Hogle Zoo when Wes got off work and then to Sandy to do some miniature golfing. We headed down, finally found it, turns out they were closed. What kind of zoo closes at 6:30?!?! It was lame, and we were super bummed. So, we decided to make our time worth while of driving down to SLC and just went to the Gateway Mall to pass the time. It wasn't too bad after all. We got to spend time together, and just enjoy each other's company...although, we do that everyday lol. It was just nice to get out of the house and what not. So, since we did that we didn't do miniature golfing either.

Today, Saturday we went to the Logan Aquatic Center and went swimming. It felt so good to be in the cool water...it got up to 100 degrees today, and you could feel it. It was packed there. We went down one of their slides. The one we went on just dropped you down straight. It was so fun!! I got a wedgie coming down...hahaha!! Then after that we went off the high dive they have. Now, I'm not used a diving board being so bouncy (I'm used to the diving board they have at Green Canyon, and it's a bit stiff...so you have to really bounce if you want height) and I just barely jumped and I got tons of air...Wes said when I ran off the board and ran out of board, I was still running...except for the one hand that was faithfully at my noses' side...haha. Anywho, I hit the water so hard with one foot, it stung so bad, my ever-so-faithful nose hand slipped off, so I got tons of water coming up my nose which stung and gave me a slight base-of-the-head headache, and (this part is a bit embarrassing) but the top of my swimsuit came up again, luckily under the water, so nobody saw, and I got it fixed before I came up out of the water. But it wasn't bad...we just splashed and played in the water for like 3 hours and felt it. Wes didn't sunburned too bad, because he put sunscreen on...but I didn't put any on so I got pretty burned. (Picutres below) Obviously we still have one more day, which is tomorrow, and I'll update you on that later.



Yes, those are the hamsters in the background. You can't see them, but you can see their cages that Wes just loves to build tunnels for them. :)


1 comment: